July 22, 2007

Our Wyoming weekend...


Friday, July 20th, I left work at 12:30 to meet mom and the rest of the group at my apartment. We stopped to get something to eat as we headed out of town...a little accident, and pit stop, then a flat tire!!!! (and it was over 100 degree's)

So we pulled into the closest parking lot to all Enterprise Roadside assistance to see what we had to do. They called a local company to come help us.... 1hour+ later we got the donut put on, then on to the nearest Firestone to get a new tire put on, then back to the nearest Enterprise to make sure everything was good to go.

Now it's 5:00pm, (p.s. we should have been in the valley by now), we start to head up the canyon...looking good, not much traffic... pass Kamas still good... about 15 miles from Evanston...STOP!!!! We went 3 miles in 1 hour... NO JOKE. I had to take a picture of our favorite truck that we had to stare at for that whole time, (Michael Jordan's head). After we inched our way thru the constuction zone, we got to Evanston (along with everyone else who made it thru the mess), made a potty stop and grabbed some food, then back on the road. We FINALLY got into the valley at 9:59pm! We decided we could have driven to CA in that same amount of time...hum? Ok on to the Garrett Reunion.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Amy said...

That is so sad! I'm impressed that you guys continued on your journey.
I would have taken it as a sign that you should have been at the Harry Potter party... and gone back home! :) (We missed you... can you tell?)

debra said...

We're so homeless...

Wendy said...

That will be one trip to Star Valley that you will never forget!

Jodi Leishman said...

I hate it when that happens.
Jodi