As I was getting off the freeway this morning and passing UVU (formally UVSC/UVCC), I also thought of the date and realized that I graduated from there 14 years ago tomorrow. (at first I thought it was 10 years, but then I did the math-yes I'm old). Then I thought that there were a couple events that happened 14 years ago this week.
Then I started to think about Dad. And thought about the conversation we would have had sometime today. (since that phone connection still isn't working with were he's at right now)
Dad: Do you know what you were doing 14 years ago today?
Me: ummm, not really (assuming that I would still be in CA and not have had the reminder I did)
Dad: Your mom & me came up to Utah bring you home and do a couple other things. Like to help you go thru the temple for the first time and get you ready for your mission
Me: Yep, I remember - I'm getting old, but I can still remember sitting in the Jordan River Temple and mom helping me during the session and saying when you look at your dad don't laugh, he always does the same thing. I didn't know what she ment until I turned around and saw you with your hat pulled up really high on your head. And she was right, you did do that every time.
Dad: No do I don't. Fine.
Do you know what happened 14 years ago tomorrow?
Me: Yes - I was trying to figure out what happened the night before (haha), and I graduated from UVSC, I really don't remember much about the graduation (just very gratefull for serving an 18 credit semester without killing anyone). Not that exciting, but glad it's over.
But I do remember our conversation in the car on the way there. You guys told me some news.
That is the real reason you called, because I know what happened 14 years ago this weekend to you.
Dad: You do? What??? (little laugh)
Me: You were called as Bishop of Azusa 3rd. It turned out to be a busy week for our family. And the beginning the reign of Bishop Teddy Bear and increasing the wards budget on kleenex boxes.
Dad: ...and remember that I'm still a Bishop without a ward...haha
(thanks for indulging me)
4 comments:
That's really sweet. I remember your dad being called as Bishop, I think it was on or around my birthday. I can't believe it was that long ago...oh I'm getting old.
Oh great converstaion with dad!! I wish I could have one of those, Good memories!
How cute are you?! Love memories like that!!!
What a neat memory - you are a sweetie Sandie.
Post a Comment