May 14, 2008

35 things about my 35 years

  1. Been on 3 different continents
  2. Traveled to 4 different countries
  3. Have had 40 roommates
  4. Served a mission to Quito, Ecuador
  5. Moved 10 times
  6. Has been sea-sick in Monterey Bay
  7. Only lived in 2 states
  8. Lived in 6 cities
  9. Have owned 6 cars - did not own first car until I was 25
  10. Have to color hair for a reason now - not just for fun
  11. Been to 13 states (only 1 on the east coast)
  12. Have been on the top level of the Eiffel tower
  13. Have "tried" roller skating, ice skating, skateboarding, water skiing and snow skiing... all ended the same way - on my tushy
  14. I am a beauty school drop out
  15. Fluent in Spanglish
  16. Snorkeled a reef in Hawaii
  17. Completed my Associated of Arts
  18. Have visited two sites from the World War (Pearl Harbor & Omaha Beach)
  19. Have been to 3 Disney Parks
  20. Completed my Bachelors of Arts degree
  21. Have been proposed to twice
  22. Stood on the equator
  23. Hiked in a rain forest
  24. Have had 9 jobs (full & part-time)
  25. Has become a huge theater buff (addict), broadway, ballet, symphony - even sat thru several opera's without falling asleep
  26. Have been to 19 temples
  27. Have seen the Mona Lisa
  28. Have never broken a bone
  29. Got a bulls eye the first time I used a long-bow
  30. Have ridden a cow
  31. Have been on a couple radio commercials
  32. Have 7 nieces and 1 nephew
  33. Has swam in the Gulf of California and Mexico
  34. Has a FUN-ctional family
  35. Can't believe I've made it this far and can't wait to see what the next 35 bring (hopefully something exciting???)

7 comments:

debra said...

What a cool list- you're way cooler than I am! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SANDIE!!!!!!!! I hope it's an awesome birthday for you!

We LOVE YOU lots and lotses!!!

Wendy said...

I think you have done some pretty cool things in your 35 years!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you enjoy your special day!!!

Amy said...

Wow! That makes me feel like I've accomplished nothing in my life... hmmmm...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Have a GREAT day!!

Jodi Leishman said...

You've lived an amazingly fun 35 years. When you list it out like that it's cool to see all the places you've seen and the things you've done.
Happy 35th!

Ruth Ann said...

I am very impressed with your list --- wow - I learned a lot about you!! Glad you had such a nice birthday week!!

Diane said...

Hummmmm, I don't think I'll even attempt a list of 56 things I've accomplished...you're amazing my dear!!! Thanks for being my first little girl 35 years ago - and for being a great daughter AND friend!
Hugs...from the Mom :)

Donna Schauers said...

Such FUN facts about Sandie! Thanks for sharing!! Happy BELATED Birthday!!