July 24, 2008

Only in Utah moments...


As some of you may know, today is Pioneer day. In the state of Utah it is an official holiday. Most businesses are closed today unless they are a company not based in Utah ...ex - mine!

But I have to share my two "only in Utah" moments I had yesterday:

Walking thru Costco, passed one of the tasting vendor stands where the lady is saying..."Come celebrate Pioneer Day with the food they ate... Beef Jerky" (side note... it was Teriyaki flavored - Just like the pioneers ate???)

My co-worker (Jensen) was talking to one of our vendors that is in Logan. They are working on a project and Jay (the vendor) said, "Ok - we'll finish this on Friday. Jensen said, "We can do it tomorrow (thursday). Jay said - "You're open tomorrow.... Jensen "Why not it's only Thursday" Jay - "It's a holiday -Pioneer Day" Jensen - "What - It's a Holiday?" This is when I started laughing and waited till he got off the phone to explain to my Canadian friend what happens in Utah on the 24th, and how it's bigger then the 4th.

Utah .... gotta love it

1 comments:

Amy said...

I love State holidays! ('cuz Zions Bank gets them off ;) But Nevada had 'Nevada Day' on Halloween... so every state (but CA) must have something. Get your company on board for next year!! Start the campaign now. :)