January 29, 2008

It was only a matter of time...

Yesterday morning (before the nasty storm). I was in traffic (like every morning)... and the car in front of me came to an quick stop - I was able to stop in time but the lovely tailgatter behind me didn't. So I started my Monday morning with my first rear-end collision, I feel like an official Utahn now, (can I go back to CA now?). We exchanged numbers quickly because it was freezing and really windy, tried to get off the freeway (with all the friendly, polite drivers...not). I finally made it off, called my insurance and they told me were to take it. I stopped by my office so they would know that I wasn't making it up and took it to the shop.....


Now I'm trying to deal with the girl who doesn't want me to tell her insurance and she wants to pay it out of pocket..... aaaaahhhhh!!!

When's January over??????

Also I need to give a shout out to Saturn - the damage was minimal bent the interior of the trunk and crack part of the side panel. Could have been worse, now I hope that's my quota for the rest of the year.

Here's pictures of my little car.....(the trunk was tied down - it was so much driving with it flapping up and down trying to get off the freeway)

4 comments:

Wendy said...

That is not a good way to start off a new week! I'm sorry you have to go through all this mess. I hope it taught at least one person that tailgating is a BAD thing...but I doubt it. I'm sure she's out there tailgating right now. Good luck...make her pay!!!! :)

Amy said...

Bummer! Your car looks so sad. I hope it all turns out well. What a crappy thing to happen on such a cold day!!

Jodi Leishman said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I hate fender benders.

Hope the car is fixed quickly.

Donna Schauers said...

Yes, you can come back now!! Miss you! Hugs, Aunt Donna