December 08, 2008

1st International Blog Post

It is now Monday night about 6:30. I'm waiting for mom to come back with a group of women that decided to go into town (Tiberias). Dinner is in a few minutes. We had a "relaxing" day today. Got back to the hotel before 5 and were able to relax a little before dinner.

We have just completed our tour of the Northern territory and Galilee area. Today we went to the far north Ceaserea Philippi which is on the Lebanon boarder. That was interesting to see signs "DANGER LAND MINDS" and they ment it. But it was an amazing archeological site. So much detail that is still there.

We have had perfect weather until today... it threatened rain this morning but didn't last long.

We have seen so many amazing things. So far my highlights has been riding on the Sea of Galilee. It was so peacefull and calm and so pretty.

Tomorrow we are going to Jericho and see where they found the Dead Sea Scrolls. and got to the Dead Sea.... still in shock that we are here. There are so many things that remind us of California that we get complacent until someone talks or we go to eat dinner.

Will try to write more later.

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are hear enjoying every minute taking tons of pictures and can't wait for each new day.

Shalom!

Sandie & Diane

5 comments:

Joanie said...

I've been waiting *patiently* for this post! I am so glad that you are enjoying your visit to the Holy Land. I can't think of a more wonderful time to go than just before Christmas.

Know that you and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love you,

Amy said...

I'm glad you guys are having such a great time!! (it's strange to think that you're on the other side of the world right now)
How's the food? ;)
Can't wait for pics!!!

Wendy said...

Sounds like it's truly going to be an amazing trip! Can't wait for the pictures and the stories. Enjoy yourself!!!

Alisa said...

wow!! I'm so jealous! You are walking in such historic, important, and amazing places!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Libby said...

Ohhhhh...wow. Can't wait to see pictures!